TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Crank Scraper
People Seeking Info

Subject Crank Scraper

Posted by induetime on June 15, 2011 at 9:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 605 times.

In Reply To Re: It looks great. posted by Tech@EPR on June 15, 2011 at 08:25 PM

Message I asked because I genuinely think the idea/concept is great. I, personally am leery of adding something to one side of the oil pan when thinking of sealing the pan to the block. I have no experience with an addition as such, its just my thought based off of re-sealing some stock & aftermarket pans.
If the crank scraper were to be welded on to the pan like the windage tray I would feel better. But I could see the need to a horizontally apposed minor brace since the metal would not extend out past the interior of the pan. I like the additional windage tray as well. What are your thoughts on high HP motors that push 1,000hp crank or wheel & may experience crank walk. What do you think, if any, are the differences with vs with out something bolted to the crank girdle?
I would love to see some pics of the billet dry sump! Either post them here or email me. I agree with aliaZ, keep the AC & people will trip over them selves to buy it. However I know that is quit a difficult accomplishment, if it's even possible.
Keep on posting with the final product. Thanks for sharing again.

500WHP/533WTQ Stock Turbo World Record

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.